1.3. This policy was last updated on 24th May 2018
2. About cookies
2.1. A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
2.2. Cookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
2.3. Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
2.4. Cookies can be used by web servers to identify and track users as they navigate different pages on a website and identify users returning to a website.
2.5. More information can be found at www.aboutcookies.org
3. Cookies that we use
PHPSESSID: Your session ID on the server.
contrast-style: Retain settings relating to the contrast accessibility options between page loads.
catAccCookies: Indicates acknowledgement of the cookie terms.
4. Cookies used by our service providers
_ga: Used to distinguish users.
_gid: Used to distinguish users.
_gat: Used to throttle request rate.
5. Blocking & deleting cookies
- in Internet Explorer, you can delete and manage cookies by following instructions at support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- in Firefox, you can delete and manage cookies by following instructions at support.mozilla.org/t5/Protect-your-privacy/Cookies-Information-that-websites-store-on-your-computer/ta-p/1483
- in Chrome, you can delete and manage cookies by following instructions at support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647
- in Opera, you can delete and manage cookies by following instructions at www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/privacy
- in Edge, you can delete and manage cookies by following instructions here at privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy
5.2. Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
5.3. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
6. Our details
6.1. This website is owned and operated by GMB Professional Drivers G56 Branch.
6.2. Our principal place of business is at GMB Professional Drivers Branch, GMB London Region, Thorne House, 152 Brent Street, Hendon, NW4 2DP.
- by post, to the postal address given above;
- Using our website contact form;
- by telephone, on 07863 256 411 or
- by email, at email@example.com
7. Data protection responsible individual
7.1. Our data protection responsible individual is our branch secretary, who may be contacted via any means detailed in section 6.3